When you’re preparing your house for winter, don’t oversee your heating system. We often get this question a lot about how frequently one should have a furnace inspection. HVAC experts recommend twice a year inspection of your overall system – in fall for heating and spring for cooling.
What is Furnace Inspection & Why is it So Important?
At Good Deals Heating & Cooling, we suggest twice a year assessment on both your air conditioning and furnace. It will not only prolong the life of your HVAC system and but also help you save on energy bills. Our licensed contractors can provide an expert evaluation of your heating and air conditioning system and a free estimation of repair or replacement. It will help catch problems at an early stage before they grow bigger and prevent your system from major breakdowns.
What Steps Are Involved In A Furnace Inspection?
Let’s review a few of the steps we execute during a routine furnace inspection:
- An examination for leaks, corrosion, and proper ventilation
- Verifying that all features are giving their peak operational performance
- Inspecting any gas leakages in a gas furnace
- Checking evaporator coil
- Inspecting and cleaning the burner
- Checking ignition and safety controls
- Performing a thorough inspection of the heat elements and heat exchanger.
- Checking the duct system confirming good connections.
- Checking electrical connections, including wiring, and control box
- Checking the belts for wear or cracks.
- Testing that the system’s shutdown and startup control cycle is functioning correctly.
- Measuring temperature changes and adjusting the thermostat accordingly.
- Testing the multiple gas pressures to make sure that the precise amount of fuel is being supplied to the burners
- Checking the air filter of the furnace. A dirty filter can restrict the required airflow, thus reducing the unit’s efficiency and damaging the vital system mechanisms over time.
Performing a thorough inspection of a furnace system takes more than just flipping a switch. It would be best if you had your furnace examined on a timely schedule to ensure your furnace system is functioning correctly.
Having your heating system shut down amid winter will not only bring discomfort, but it can cost you hundreds of dollars in getting it repaired or sometimes replaced. Preventative maintenance has proven to be the most cost-effective way to dodge costly furnace repairs later.
Contact Good Deals Heating & Cooling experts about our annual HVAC health checkups and to schedule a furnace inspection by our licensed contractors. Call 215-947-1166.